Friday, March 9, 2007

What could be great about today?

I love waking up in the morning with that question on my mind! It sets my thoughts in a positive direction and awakens my creativity. I am one of those people Margaret Lobenstine calls a "Renaissance Soul." I DO "have way too many passions to pick just one!"

I have several business pursuits that relate to passions -- and passions with no business ambition whatsoever. I just pursue them for the sheer joy of variety and sponteneity! I LOVE being a life-long learner and finding new things to learn about every day.

Most recently I was rummaging around in my antique magazines (I have amassed a collection of over 200 vintage books and magazines since girlhood), and found myself mesmerized with all the old ads there. I decided to reproduce some on fabric and do a little crazy quilting in miniature. The result are several fun ATC size (2.5" x 3.5") fabric cards I posted on Ebay yesterday. If you want to see them, here's the Ebay item number for the first in the series: 330096894164. (I'm still learning about Blogger, and for some reason, I get an error when I try to load the picture!)

Anyway, I am really having fun with this! Anybody else enjoying something similar?

Judi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails