Tuesday, May 22, 2007

How do you display ACEOs?

As an artist and creator of fiber art altered ACEOs (Art Cards Editions and Originals), I know there are a number of collectors of these miniature works of art measuring just 2.5" x 3.5". Some collectors display one piece at a time on a tiny easel. Others use clear plastic boxes or albums with sleeves to display their collections. You can frame each tiny piece in a small frame, or matte and frame in a larger frame.

If you love altered art, why not do groupings in a shadow box or display case? There are a variety available in the hobby stores. The picture I am including with today's blog shows three of my crazy quilt ACEOs in an 8" x 10" display case with a piece of vintage lace in the background.

I create my ACEOs in series -- each one-of-a-kind, but with themes such as my "Heirloom Flower Series," "Vintage Birds Series," "Heirloom Pet Series," etc. with the collector in mind. Shadow boxes or display cases can be purchased in a variety of sizes that will enable a number of ACEOs to be grouped together in an artistic way. I hope this gives my readers new ideas!

Judi

1 comment:

easyjourney said...

Hi Judi! What a great idea about the shadow boxes. I have an album and it's full, need to get another one.
Girl you can write, not me I am to impatient to blog, let alone write a column. Take good care, Astrid xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails